Ph: 051-8444555 (Ext : 115)
Maj. (R) Ghulam Muhammad
Deputy Controller Exam
Ph: 051-8444555 (Ext : 116)
Exam Policy - UET Taxila
To rate students' academic performance, the following grades are applied at corresponding percentage marks. Grade Points are also indicated:
||90% and above
||49% or below
The Grade Point Average (GPA) is calculated as follows:
GPA = (Course Credit Hours x Grade Points Earned)
Course Credit Hours x Grade Points Earned
CGPA = (Course Credit Hours x Grade Points Earned)
Total Credit Hours Taken in all Semesters
- Following points of Exam Policy have been communicated by UET Taxila Exams Branch for implementation henceforth on all current and new entries:
- In future, relegation will be allowed only once in entire degree program which will be the willing relegation. The students will apply through proper channel on specific form (provided by Exams Branch APCOMS) and department will forward the same to Examination Branch duly approved by respective HODs and Deans. Exam Branch will forward the same to the Controller of Examinations UET Taxila for approval of worthy Vice Chancellor and onward notifications. Relegation in Postgraduate degree program (i.e. 18 years of education) is not allowed.
- A student who fails to obtain a minimum CGPA of 1.00 at the end of 2nd semester his name shall be removed from the roll of the University.
- Student stands Academically Dismissed on academic grounds can avail the readmission facility with new entry in 1st semester, student will contact to Admission Office APCOMS.
- Due to this dismissal, student can’t be re-admitted or repeat the 2nd semester in any case.
- In future supplement semester will not be offered in any program in any case.
- In future the students will apply for I-Grade (i.e. Incomplete Grade) before or after End Semester Examination through proper channel on specific form (provided by Exams Branch APCOMS) and department will forward the same to Examination Branch duly approved by respective HODs and Deans. Exam Branch will forward the same to the Controller of Examinations UET Taxila for final approval. I-Grade is not allowed for Postgraduate degree program i.e. 18 years of education or equivalent.
Freezing of Semester
- Cases for freezing of semester will be approved by the UET Taxila Authorities through the Controller of Examinations and Registrar Office APCOMS within (15) fifteen days of commencement of classes. Examination Branch will be informed accordingly (1st and 2nd Semester cannot be freeze in any case as per UET Taxila regulations). The freezing facility can only be availed once in the entire degree program.
- Re-Mid Examinations of any student will be conducted only with prior approval from UET Taxila. Cases of Re-Mid Exams will be forwarded to Exams Branch APCOMS by concerned department before or after Mid Semester Examinations.
Migration/Transfer of Credit Hours
- In future migration is not allowed without prior approval from UET Taxila (in written form). Moreover Examination Branch APCOMS will not accept any case of migration without approval from UET Taxila. Transfer of credit hours will only be considered if the Dean of concern faculty of UET Taxila approves as per UET Policy/ Prospectus.
- As per UET Policy Summer Semester will not be offered for Postgraduate Degree Programmes (18-years of Education) i.e. MBA (3.5 years, 2.5 years, & 1.5 years), MS (Management Sciences) and MS (Electrical Engineering).
- However, the Summer Semester will be offered only to the Undergraduate Programs (16 years of Education) i.e. BSc Electrical Engineering, BS (Software Engineering). BS(CS), BBA, BSc (A&F), M.Com (16-Yrs),
- Student can register only two courses in summer semester irrespective of credit hours in which the student having F or D grade.
- Teaching shall be mandatory in all offered courses in summer semester.
- Letter Grade awarded during summer semester shall not be more than a B-Grade.
- I-Grade will not be awarded in summer semester.
- Departments will ensure the completion of academic deficiencies of students having F-Grade in previous semesters. Department will remind the students on said account well before time after the announcement of result.
- An Academically Deficient Regular Student shall be allowed to get himself registered for two additional courses at maximum with lower entries.
- However Academically Deficient Casual Student shall be allowed to get himself registered for five courses at maximum.
- Guided study is not allowed in any case.
- The course replacement is not allowed in any case. If any student having ‘F’ grade in any course, student will repeat the same course with same title and code as per UET Taxila Policy within specified time. In case HEC/PEC has revised the course title in any of the programs, the course contents should be the same as course studied by the student in actual entry. However if replacement deems necessary, the approval of Worthy Vice Chancellor UET Taxila will be required for that purpose.
Final Year Project for Under Graduate Degree Programs (16-Years of Education)
- The grades of Final Year Projects for undergraduate students are required for the calculation of SGPA & CGPA in last semester. As per UET Taxila Exam Policy it has discussed with the team of UET Taxila in last final meeting for results. If any student fails to submit the project within stipulated time period (i.e. the date of end semester exam), the F-Grade will be awarded in that semester result notification as well as in the Transcript of Awards. The Passed grade will be considered in next semester where the student will submit the project.
Final Year Thesis for Postgraduate Degree Programs (18-years of Education)
- In future R&D Department in collaboration with the Exams Branch of APCOMS will ensure that the title of thesis for postgraduate program i.e. MS & MBA 3.5 years, 2.5 years and 1.5 years (18 years of education) must approved from the worthy Vice Chancellor of UET Taxila on the recommendations of the Board of Post Graduate Studies of APCOMS.
- In case of MBA Programmes in which Thesis is graded and grade points required for the calculation of CGPA. Similarly if any student fails to submit the Thesis within stipulated time period (i.e. the date of end semester exam), the F-Grade will be awarded in that semester result notification as well as in the Transcript of Awards. The Passed grade will be considered in next semester where the student will submit the Thesis.
- The absolute grading policy given in UET Postgraduate Prospectus will be implemented on all Postgraduate Programs (18 years of education) i.e. MS (EE), MS (Management Sciences), MBA (3.5-years, 2.5-years & 1.5-years)
- Internship is only allowed for undergraduate degree programme (16-years of education) but they will submit their project with in stipulated time period (i.e. the date of end semester exams) otherwise F-Grade will be awarded.
- The time to time revision in policies by the University will be applicable to the currently enrolled students of previous entries also.
- The detailed Rules & Regulation of UET Taxila are attached at Annex-A (i.e. for Undergraduate Programs) and Annex-B (i.e. for Post Graduate Programs) for further guidance and onward implementation.